The forest is located in the districts of Hoima , Masindi and Buliisa in Western Uganda and it is about three hours drive from Kampala City . The 825 square km forest reserve is located within the boundaries of Murchison Falls National Park.
Coordinates: 01°43′27″N 31°32′45″E/ 1.72417°N 31.54583°E
- Located on the escarpment northeast of Lake Albert
- Biggest Mahogany forest found in the whole of East Africa
- The major tourist sites within this forest are: the Kaniyo Pabidi Ecotourism site, Busingiro Ecotourism site and Kaniyo Pabidi
- Murchison Falls National Park
- The forest is characterized by a medium altitude damp semi-deciduous verdant forests
The wildlife include; Rhinos, Lions, Leopards, Buffaloes, Hippopotamus, cheetah, elephants, giraffe and zebra, chimpanzees and birds include Puvel’s and Illadopses
The vegetation of the forest is mainly tropical forest and grassland, woodland Mahogany and Iron-wood trees.
- Chimpanzee Tracking
- Chimp Habituation