Achievements of the Wildlife Subsector
The following are the achievement of the wildlife subsector for the year 2012:
- Foreign exchange from tourism increased from USD 672m in 2010 to USD 805 m in 2012 representing 21 percent growth.
- Ground and aerial surveys were conducted to establish wildlife populations in protected areas.
- Routine inspection of Wildlife Protected Areas and wildlife private sector enterprises were undertaken.
- Participation in the implementation of the National Oil and Gas policy for Uganda
- Currently a total of 8 UWEC staff have gone for training in Japan
- Japanese experts have come to UWEC to pass on technologies in wildlife management.
- Wildlife and Antiquities in Uganda in its annual performance report which was reviewed on World Tourism Day September 2012