National Legislative Assembly
The National Legislative Assembly exercises the following functions:
- Overseeing the performance of the National Government institutions.
- Approving plans, programmes and policies of the National Government.
- Approving budgets.
- Ratifying international treaties, conventions and agreements.
- Adopting resolutions on matters of public concern.
- Summoning Ministers to answer questions of members of the Assembly on matters related to their ministries.
- Interrogating Ministers about their performance or the performance of their ministries.
- Approving appointments as required by the Transitional Constitution or the law.
- Casting a vote of no confidence against the Vice President and any Minister.