Membership of International organizations of South Sudan
South Sudan is a member of the following international organizations
- United Nations
- African union, the African Union welcomed South Sudan as its 54th member state
- Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- The International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol)
- The International Development Association (IDA)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRCS)
- International Federation of Association Football (FIFA), on 25 May 2012, South Sudan became the 209th member of FIFA
- The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
South Sudan has also either applied or is in the process of applying to the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa, the Commonwealth of Nations, the East African Community, the Intergovernmental Authority on Development, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.
South Sudan has also been assured membership in the Arab League,
South Sudan may also seek membership in the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which has expressed interest in giving South Sudan admission despite not being a majority Muslim state.