The National Legislature of South Sudan
The legislative competences of the National Government of South Sudan are vested in the National Legislature in respect of all matters assigned to it in Schedules A, C and D,E of the Transitional Constitution
The roles include the following
- Considering and passing amendments to the Constitution.
- Enacting legislation.
- Discussing statements by the President of South Sudan and taking decisions as may be necessary.
- Authorizing annual allocation of resources and revenue.
- Reconsidering a bill which has been rejected by the President.
- Impeaching the President.
- Approving any declaration of war.
- Confirming any declaration of a state of emergency.
The National Legislature of South Sudan has been summarized to include the following