Investment Opportunities in Education Sector
The investment opportunities include the following:
- Construction of education infrastructures
- Technical or vocational institutions
- Pre- primary, primary and secondary schools
- Setting up private universities
- Provision of food to schools
- Provision of safe drinking water to different institutions
- There is a need to manage the growth of Higher Education so as to ensure that all HE institutions meet minimum quality standards and supply of qualified personnel.
- Directorate is concerned that fees charged by private universities may be prohibitive and could exclude many eligible Somali students.
- Directorate wishes to ensure that HE provision expands in tandem with the envisioned expansion of secondary education.
- Directorate wishes to ensure equity of access and in gender equality in all HE institutions.
- Directorate wishes to ensure the relevance of academic programmes by matching skills acquired by higher education graduates to the needs of national development and the job market;