The following are investment opportunities in animals and Fisheries Sector
Investment opportunities in Animals sub sector
- Extensive ranching
- Tanning hides and skins
- Animal feeds processing
- Meet processing and value addition
Investment opportunities in Fisheries sub sector
- Somaliland possesses rich fishing grounds along its northern coast, which could potentially support a developing fishing industry and contribute to the national food security and socio- economic wealth. The maximum potential catch that could be harvested from Somaliland’s marine resources is estimated to be between 90-120,000 MT a year, but currently less than 5 % of that quantity is harvested by nationals.
- Rehabilitation of the existing fishing fleet;
- Addition of more boats to the existing fleet;
- Provision of sufficient fishing gear and accessories;
- Improvement of fish handling and processing facilities and techniques;
- Improvement of market outlets both internally and externally;
- Promoting research activities and training of personnel;
- Upgrading existing legal frameworks and formulating other relevant legislatives enhancing sectoral development.
- Cold storage/refrigeration facilities