Road Transport is the dominant mode of transport in Rwanda, accounting for over 95 per cent of the volume of freight and human movement.
Within Rwanda, transportation is essentially by road, with a network of more than 14.000km, of which 4.698km of the network has been classified into national roads (2.860km), district roads (1.835km), and gravel roads (3.563km).
The road network gives overall connectivity both along the main national and international highways and in access to individual towns, villages, workplaces and homesteads throughout the country.
Road Transport in Rwanda has been summarised to include the following;
- Current state of Road Transport in Rwanda
- Funding for the development of the roads system
- Means of transport on Rwanda Road System.
- Regulatory Framework on Road Transport
- Rwanda safety arrangements on Roads
- Opportunities in the Transport Sector
- Bus Companies in Rwanda
- Local Roads Capacity Rwanda
- Road Network Rwanda
- Challenges with Road Transport Rwanda