Hospitals in Rwanda
Kigali University Teaching Hospital (KUTH)
KUTH which was started in 1918 is located in the Centre of the Kigali City in Nyarugenge District . It is the main public health institution in the country and is currently operating as a referral hospital.
Butare University Teaching Hospital (BUTH)
BUTH is located at Mamba, District of Huye in the Southern Province of Rwanda. It is the second public health institution in the country and mainly serves to the population of the former Provinces of Butare, Gikongoro and Cyangugu
Ndera referral psychiatric hospital (NPH)
Ndera Neuropsychiatric Hospital is located in Gasabo District , Kigali City. Ndera Neuropsychiatric Hospital belongs to the Congreations of Brothers of the Charity and is the only psychiatric centre in the country. The Ndera Neuropsychiatric Hospital (Caraes) is the referral hospital for neuropsychiatric disorders, with 288 beds.
King Faisal Hospital – Kigali
King Faisal Hospital in Kigali provides 24-hour assistance .It has surgical facilities, digital x-ray, CT, EKO, fluoroscopy machines and adult and neonatal intensive care units. It has a computerized laboratory, specialist-run radiology department and a 24-hour pharmacy. Specialists can provide dialysis, neurosurgery, oncology, urology, endocrinology, anesthesia, and chemotherapy.
Kanombe Military Hospital
Rwanda Military Hospital (RMH) was built in 1968 as a military referral hospital. It continued to provide health care services to the military and their immediate families until after the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi and moderate Hutus when doors were opened to the general population. RMH currently treats 80% civilian and 20% military patients.
The hospital was initiated by UK based charity, Kibogora Initiative. The hospital is a rural hospital of 269 beds, located in southwest Rwanda on the shores of Lake Kivu. It serves a population of a pproximately 250,000 people. Kibogora is also a referral centre for 1 2 outlying health centres. The hospital provides surgical, general medical, paediatric, maternity and neonatal services.
The support facilities include X- ray. laboratory, HIV/Aids testing, treatment facilities, dentistry, opthalmology, physiotherapy and family planning clinics.
Provincial Referral Hospital
Since January 1, 2006, the provincial hospitals are as follows;
- Kibagabaga Provincial Hospital
- Ruhengeri Provincial Hospital
- Kibogora Provincial Hospital
- Kabyayi Provincial Hospital
- Rwamamagana Provincial Hospital
- District hospitals in Rwanda
- Butaro Hospital in Burera district
- Ngarama hospital and Kabgayi hospital for Gatsibo district
- Byumba hospital in Gicumbi district
- Kibilizi and Gakoma hospitals in Gisagara district
- Rwanda military hospital for Kamonyi district
- Kirinda district hospital, kibuye hospital for Karongi district
- Kirehe hospital and Gahini hospital for Kayonza district
- Kirehe district hospital
- Kabgayi hospital for Muhanga district
- Ruhengeri district hospital for Musanze district
- Benedictine hospital for Ngoma district
- Muhororo hospital for Ngororero district
- kabaya hospital for Nyabihu district
- Nyagatare district hospital for Nyagatare district
- Nyanza hospital for Nyamagabe district
- Bushenge Hospital for Nyamasheke District
- Gihundwe District Hospital
- The Munini Hospital in Nyaruguru district
- Gisenyi hospital for Rubavu district
- Ruhango district hospital for Ruhango district
- Kinihira hospital for Rulindo district
- Murunda district hospital for Rutsiro district
- Rwamagana district hospital
- Ruli hospital in Gakenke district
- Nyamata Hospital in Bugesera district
- Private hospitals and clinics in rwanda
- Hopital La Croix du Sud – Kigali
- Hopital la croix du sud is owned by Dr.Nyirinkwaya Jean Chrysostome. It is located in Kigali on the main road to Nyamirambo surbub from the city centre. The departments in the hospital include Gynaecology ,Peadiatrics, dental and Physiology. The hospital employs about 25 doctors
- Polyclinique du Plateau – Kigali
- Polyclinique du Plateau is a private clinic in Boulevard de la Revolution, Kigali that operate 24 hours. It is best known for specialization in Infectious disease and efficient Laboratory.