Guarantees protection of investment includes the following;
- Non-discriminatory treatment for all projects (national and foreign societies or public and private societies)
- Guarantee against nationalization and confiscation
- Labour and management freedom
- Guarantee for the transfer of profits and capital
- Investors can benefit from guarantees granted by the terms of the convention that the multilateral Agency for Investment Guarantee (MIGA) creates, and other treats to which Guinea-Bissau is a signatory.
By investing in an important field of business for development of Guinea-Bissau, the companies can benefit some tax reduction of 50% for the 6 years.
Business investment, oriented in exportation, gets back from the government 10% of total value of goods exported in a business year, for 6 years. Also business increasing national production of goods to reduce the importation of such goods from abroad is beneficiary of the same percentage for the mentioned 6 years.
Business investing in know-how and human resources; business protecting the environment and business investment in infrastructure in other small cities (not in the capital) of Guinea-Bissau are investment in important fields for the development of Guinea-Bissau.