Association of Ghana Industries (AGI)
The Association of Ghana Industries (AGI) is a voluntary business association of over 1200 members, made up of small, medium and large scale manufacturing and services industries in agro-processing (food and beverages), agri-business, pharmaceuticals, electronics and electrical, telecommunications, information technology, utilities, service industries, transport, construction, textiles, garments and leather, banking and advertising.
As the leading voice of manufacturing industries in the country, AGI is dedicated to:
- Advocating policies that advance the growth and development of industries;
- Facilitating international trade through exhibition of member products in countries across the sub-region;
- Strengthening national industry associations through the sharing of knowledge, experience and critical information;
- Providing members with a vast network of contacts, especially in the West African sub-region;
- Hosting the industry and technology exhibition to promote members’ goods.
Membership is open to all registered companies engaged in manufacturing or the provision of services to the manufacturing sector. Not-for-profit organisations can become associate members.
AGI has over 1200 registered members from across the regions of Ghana. About 25% of members are medium and large scale industries while the remaining belong to the micro and small scale category.
Other Associations in Ghana include
Ghana Association of Women Entrepreneurs (GAWE) is an association of self- employed women manufacturers and exporters of goods and services established in 1993
Ghana Hotels Association
Ghana Real Estate Developers Association (GREDA)
Ghana Employers Association (GEA)