Investments opportunities in Zambia
Zambia shares borders with 8 countries in the South Eastern Sub region as a member of South African Development Community Free Trade Area (SADC- FTA). Zambia expands its market reach to more than 170 million people comprising the FTA with a regional market worth $ 360 billion. With a total mineral resource of at least 2 billion tons in the copper belt region alone, the mining sector offers real potential for growth and further expansion. Apart from copper and cobalt, Zambia also boasts of precious stones such as emeralds, amethyst, aquamarine, gold and diamond.
There are many investment opportunities in Zambia in different sectors like mining sector, energy sector, agricultural sector, transport sector among others as they can be seen below:
- Hydroelectric power generation, supply, and distribution
- Solar power and bio-fuels
They include the following;
- Copper and cobalt
- Zinc and lead
- Nickel and platinum group elements
- Development of Private – public partnerships in various tertiary institutions
- Establishment and / or joint venture partnerships of wholly private owned universities and technical training institutions for the provision of masters, graduate and diploma programs in various fields.
- Establishment of private based basic and high school education centers throughout the country.
- Popularizing open and distance learning mode.
- Increasing Technical and Vocational institutions.
- Increasing skills training centres.
- Development of graduate and Post Graduate teaching and research
- Setting up hotels, lodges, and safari operations
- Building private clinics and hospitals
- Provision of medicines and medical equipment
- Training of medical personnel.
- Felds par
- Limestone and dolemite
The manufacturing sector of the Zambian economy is one of the top performers and also a priority sector. It contributes to around 11% to the GDP and 10% to the employment and the investment opportunities include:
- Food processing
- Leisure and sporting equipment
- Smelting and refining of copper and other metals and metal products,
- Petroleum refining
- The production of fertilizers
- The production of Chemicals, Explosives, Cement and Tobacco products
Investment opportunities are abound in infrastructure projects such as;
- Rail networks