Masaka Town is located in the central part of Uganda about 140 kilometers from Kampala City , on the highway to Mbarara Town. It is an important business hub for travelers as it is famously known as the home of the Equator
In 2011, Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the mid-year population of the town at 74,100.
- Nabajjuzi Swamp: It’s a water treatment plant located immediately out of the town Masaka towards on the highway to Mbarara Town.
- Lake Victoria is located 44 kilometers from Masaka Town.
- Lukaya is approximately 34 kilometers by road, Northeast of Masaka famous for bus stop for meat, food and drinks to travelers.
- Lake Nabugabo is located 20 Km east of Masaka Town The lake is popular for annual canoeing competitions and it is special for its beaches, coastlines and many rare species. It is one of the few lakes where one can swim and it is free of Bilharzia.
- Nabugabo Sand Beach is located about 23 kilometers from Masaka Town, at the shores of Lake Victoria with activities like motor rallying events, fishing, camping, beautiful cottages , beach volleyball and bird watching.
Muteesa 1 Royal University
This University was established in 2007 in memory of the late Kabaka Muteesa I Mukaabya who reigned over the Kingdom of Buganda between 1856 until 1884.
The Western Campus of Kampala International University (KIU)
It is located in the town of Masaka, 130 kilometers Southwest of Kampala City on the highway to Mbarara Town.
St. Henry’s College Kitovu
The College is located on Kitovu Hill, approximately 7 kilometres form Masaka Town. The college was established in 1922 by the White Fathers.and it is a boy’s boarding school.