Togo offers special advantages to foreign investors seeking access to European and West African markets. These include:
• An Export Processing Zone which allows foreign manufacturers to set up operations in Togo and export to the European community, United States and West Africa under highly favourable conditions
• A productive, readily trainable labour force and a highly competitive wage structure
• A liberal investment code for new business ventures including financial incentives, streamlined regulations and repatriation of earnings in convertible structures
• A well-developed highway network linking its capital and principal port, Lome with neighbouring Benin, Ghana, and Burkina Faso
• One of the most efficient ports in the region, capable of handling all types of cargo
• Modern satellite telecommunications service to Europe and the U.S.