Moshi Town is located near Kilimanjaro International Airport and at the base of Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest Mountain.
Moshi Town has a population of about 150,000 people.
The town has the following tourist attractions;
- Lake Chala which is located within 30 kilometers east of the town.
- Njoro Forest (Rau) located on the east of Moshi Town in an area of high ground water fed by run-off from Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Kikuletwa Hot Springs which is a natural clean spring water, ideal for swimming in the warm water and relaxation.
- Kibosho located within 20 kilometers from Moshi Town.
- Nymba Ya Mungu Reservoir is a great place for birds, with fishing settlements around the lake.
- Mamba Marangu Cultural Tour located within 30 kilometers northeast of Moshi Town.
- Lake Duluti
- Makoa Waterfalls
- Uru Waterfalls
Means of transport
Moshi Town is connected to Nairobi Kenya and Dar es Salaam by a good road network. The visitors can also fly to Moshi Town through Kilimanjaro International Airport.