Dodoma is located in the heartland of Tanzania and it is the nation’s official capital and the seat of government in the country. Dodoma situated on the eastern edge of the southern highlands remains a centre for national politics. The town which is surrounded by a rich agricultural area is becoming a centre of Tanzania’s growing wine industry. The Tanganyika Vineyards Company is actively in this region.
The population of Dodoma Tanzania was 410,956 in 2012
The tourist attractions include the following;
- The Katavi National Park is a magnificent wildlife park that is filled with dense vegetation, streams and rivers located in Dodoma.
- The Kondoa Irangi rock paintings that are thousands of years old.
- Hiking trail to the Lion Rock, on the northern side of the town
- There are various organized excursions.
- Ismaili Mosque
- The Bunge Parliament buildings
The local transport is provided by minibuses known locally as dala dala and taxis. The town has three bus stations named the Jamatini, Parliament and Saba Saba stations. There is a busy Central Railway Line connecting onward destinations such as Dar es Salaam, Kigoma and Mwanza.