The investment centre is located onShaaban Robert Street, Plot No: 9A & B
P.O. Box: 938
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22211 328
Tanzania Investment Centre (TIC) is the first point of call for potential investors. It is the primary agency of the government responsible for coordinating, encouraging, promoting and facilitating investment.
TIC is one stop facilitation centre that assists investors (local and foreign) provided they have projects worth 100,000 USD (Tanzanians) and 300,000 USD for foreigners.
The one stop facilitation centre facilitates access to incentives, company registration, business licenses, tax payment, the access to land and work permits and investor visas.
TIC’s functions include:
- Creating and maintaining a positive climate for private sector investment.
- Providing advice to the Government on investment related matters
- Stimulating local and foreign investments
- Facilitating foreign and local investors
- Stimulating and supporting the growth of Entrepreneurship and SMEs in Tanzania
- Providing and disseminating up-to-date information on investment opportunities and incentive available to investors
- Monitoring the Tanzania business environment and growth of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the Country.
Regular activities carried out at the TIC include:
- Proactive response to investor needs;
- Stimulating and facilitating development of entrepreneurial skills and growth of domestic investors including Small and Medium scale Enterprises (SMEs)
- Servicing the National Investment Steering Committee (NISC)
- Facilitating SMEs growth and their linkages with joint venture partners
- Monitoring the flow of foreign direct investment
- Organizing investment forums
- Continually assessing Tanzania’s investment competitiveness
- Promoting Tanzania as a viable investment destination
- Policy advocacy
- Changing the government culture through sensitization seminars