Sudan is rich with its abundant resources which are represented in vast areas of land, and various climates. It is special with its fertile agricultural lands, large amounts of fresh water, and a variety in its animal resources. The extraction of petroleum gave Sudan an important economic dimension. This is besides the distinguished geographic locations of Sudan which makes Sudan a passage to other African countries which qualifies it as one of the commercial and investment inlets of those countries. The following are the investment opportunities in Sudan:
- Wheat production
- Beekeeping to produce honey
- Modern farm to fatten cattle, sheep,
- Slaughter houses to export meat.
- Milk factories
- Investment in transport facilities for live animal and refrigerated means for meat and milk products
- Fisheries (Nile Perch) in the Nile, Lake Nubia Red Sea Poultry
- Animal fodder
- Drugs and vaccines
- Petrol and gas production
- Hydro-electric projects (micro, small and big)
- Solar energy for lightning and heating
- Wind power for irrigation
- Water turbines for irrigation from the Nile
- Charcoal from agricultural by-products
- Joint-ventures in rehabilitation of edible oil mills, leather industry and textiles
- New sugar factories.
- Oil productions (petrol and gas)
- Packing industry, cardboard, plastic glass and sack for grains.
- Paper industry, from dates tree, agricultural by-products and forests
- Compressed earth brick machines
- Pharmaceutical products and medical equipments