Sudan is rich with its abundant resources which are represented in vast areas of land, and various climates. It is special with its fertile agricultural lands, large amounts of fresh water, and a variety in its animal resources. The extraction of petroleum gave Sudan an important economic dimension. This is besides the distinguished geographic locations of Sudan which makes Sudan a passage to other African countries which qualifies it as one of the commercial and investment inlets of those countries. The following are the investment opportunities in Sudan:
Investment opportunities in Agriculture
- Sorghum (Dura)
- Wheat production
- Oil seeds (sesame, groundnut, and sunflower).
- Fruits (mango, banana, juava, lemon, strawberry, pineapple (ananans), grapefruit
- Vegetable (tomato, green beans, akra, cucumber, potatoes, onion, garlic, spices, legumes, lentils)
- Beekeeping to produce honey
Investment Opportunities in Livestock
- Modern farm to fatten cattle, sheep, goats and camels and to produce meat, milk, wool etc
- Slaughter houses to export meat.
- Milk factories to provide fresh milk, milk products for local consumption and export
- Investment in transport facilities for live animal and refrigerated means for meat and milk products
- Fisheries (Nile Perch) in the Nile, Lake Nubia Red Sea Poultry
- Animal fodder
- Drugs and vaccines
- Improvement of quality of the natural herds by introducing new breeds to improve milk and meat production
Investment Opportunities in Mining
- Silver, iron ore, chromate, mica, silica, gypsum, granite, marble, chinaclay, manganese, asbestos, trauna (costic soda), talc and lime stone, copper, zink, lead, cement.
- Small quantities of mica, chromate, asbestos and marble are exported in addition to gold.
Investment Opportunities in Energy
- Petrol and gas production
- Hydro-electric projects (micro, small and big)
- Solar energy for lightning and heating
- Wind power for irrigation
- Water turbines for irrigation from the Nile
- Charcoal from agricultural by-products
Investment Opportunities in Industry
- Joint-ventures in rehabilitation of edible oil mills, leather industry and textiles
- New sugar factories.
- Oil productions (petrol and gas)
- Fertilizers: urea (demand 500000 tons)
- Tomato paste and syrup (9 months tomato season)
- Fruit juice and concentrate, dried fruits, mango, Juava, lemon, grapes, papaya, dates, strawberry and pineapples.
- Yeast (from sugar by-product, dates)
- Leather products
- Dehulling of sesame seeds
- Spray dry gum Arabic and guar gum
- Packing industry, cardboard, plastic glass and sack for grains.
- Paper industry, from dates tree, agricultural by-products and forests
- Compressed earth brick machines
- Pharmaceutical products and medical equipments.