The sorghum crop is grown almost in all districts of Rwanda for brewing of both local and modern beers. The varieties grown include the following;
Conditions that favour growing of sorghum
The conditions that favour sorghum growing include the following;
- Sorghum can grow in harsh environments where other crops cannot grow or yield poorly.
- Sorghum can grow in areas of limited water resources.
- Sorghum can grow without the application of fertilizers or other inputs.
- Sorghum reserves and extract enough water because its roots network.
- Sorghum leaves have abilities to restrain the amount of water loss through transpiration in events of excessive sunshine.
Districts that grow sorghum in Rwanda
The districts that grow sorghum include the following;