Mango growing in Rwanda
There are different varieties of mangoes grown suitable to eat either as fresh fruit or for processing into juice and other products. Production has been increasing over year with increasing demand on local and export markets. The production of mangoes in Rwanda is estimated at 9,200 tons per year.
Areas that grow mangoes
The areas include the following;
Uses of Mangoes
- Source of income to the farmers who grow mangoes.
- Prevents cancer because of antioxidant compounds in mango fruit.
- Clears the Skin because they can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangos clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
- Eye health because mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Helps in diabetes because mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood.
- Improves digestion: fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.