“A prosperous and industralised Namibia, developed by her human resources, enjoying peace, harmony and political stability.
Objectives of the Vision
- Ensure that Namibia is a fair, gender responsive, caring and committed nation.
- Create and consolidate a legitimate, effective and democratic political system (under the Constitution), and an equitable, tolerant and free society.
- Develop a diversified, competent and highly productive human resources and institutions,
- Transform Namibia into an industrialised country of equal opportunities.
- Ensure a healthy, food-secured and breastfeeding nation.
- Ensure the development of Namibia’s ‘natural capital’ and its sustainable utilization, for the benefit of the country’s social, economic and ecological well-being.
- Accomplish the transformation of Namibia into a knowledge-based, highly competitive, industrialised and eco-friendly nation, with sustainable economic growth and a high quality of life.
- Achieve stability, full regional integration and democratized international relations; the transformation from an aid-recipient country to that of a provider of development assistance.
Themes of the vision
- Inequality and Social Welfare;
- Human Resources Development and Institutional Capacity Building;
- Macro-economic issues;
- Population, Health and Development;
- Namibia’s Natural Resources Sector;
- Knowledge, Information and Technology; and
- Factors of the External Environment.