Plateau; Building Belle Rive 16 th floor.
P.O. Box V 152 Abidjan 01
Tel (225) 20 31 14 00/ + 225 20 31 14 04/05/08
The Investment Promotion Centre in Côte d’Ivoire (CEPICI)
Under the authority and supervision of the President of the Republic, the Investment Promotion Centre in Côte d’Ivoire (CEPICI) is a public institution of an administrative nature.
Article 4 of Decree No. 2012-867 of 06 September 2012 on establishing the CEPICI, states that the centre is one-stop shop for direct investment in Côte d’Ivoire, and to this end, the centre gathers, coordinates and streamlines all government initiatives and actions on investment promotion and private sector development.
Role and Responsibilities
The missions CEPICI are cross-cutting which gives it a role dedicated to supporting the private sector and the interface between it and the State, in order to increase private investment in Côte d’Ivoire.
The CEPICl is responsible for:
- To ensure, through its Single Window Investor, including:
- Facilitating administrative procedures relating to the establishment, operation, transmission or expanding businesses. Governments and organizations involved in these procedures are for this purpose, grouped in the CEPICl ;
- Contribution to the reduction of costs and time for these formalities
- The receipt and processing of applications from investors for the benefit of benefits of the Investment Code;
Receiving and processing applications for investors to obtain land for industrial use;
- instruct, issue and revoke approvals for investment;
- ensure the promotion and attraction of domestic and foreign direct investment in Côte d’Ivoire, in particular through:
- The organization, both in Côte d’Ivoire and abroad, trade fairs and promotional events economic,
- Promotion of public-private partnership with national and foreign investors
- The search and identification of investors and developing partnerships
- Participation in the promotion of investment in Côte d’Ivoire in relation to the embassies and consulates in Côte d’Ivoire abroad
- Business communication campaigns and marketing Ivory Coast as a destination for investment;
- Approximation of foreign investors with promoters of small and Medium Business / Small and Medium Industries to promote national development thereof;
- Setting up a device for attracting investment in the Diaspora
- The creation and implementation of a monitoring- evaluation of all investments have enjoyed the benefits of the Investment Code.
- Ensure in general, in relation to the government and public and private bodies, the implementation of the provisions of the Investment Code;
- Contribute to all initiatives that contribute to improving the business environment and make proposals to the Government;
- Contribute to the implementation, as Implementing Agency, government programs and development partners to support the private sector in Côte d’Ivoire;
- To be a meeting platform for exchange and cooperation between the public sector and the private sector to initiate and formulate proposals to the Government to address the concerns of the private sector.