The agricultural sector in Burundi provides several opportunities such as:
- Vast plains of the very fertile imbos that is suitable to the modern agriculture
- Rainfall for 9 months every year
- Abundant network of rivers that can be tapped for irrigation
- Possibility to harvest twice a year for an output of more than 10 tons per ha (rice and cereals)
- Opportunities to leverage modern equine for intensive or extensive breeding
- Animal production lines, livestock, dairy processing, production of organic manure are opportunities
- Several regions are adequate for fish farming
- Lake Tanganyika is an ecosystem that can allow for an industrial fishing.
Burundi offers excellent opportunities for the development of farming cooperatives and community on the shores of Lake Tanganyika.
- Fish farming is accessible to new investors looking for new opportunities.
- Abundant labor force
- Potential reclaimable land including swamps in certain regions
- Adequate soil fertility in many regions
- Building of modern processing factories to promote production agricultural sector
- The country has a good climate that is suitable for production of rice, cotton, tea, coffee, food crops, fruits, vegetable