Plot 54351, Exponential Building
Next to Masa Centre,
Private Bag 00445,
Tel: +267 3633 300
The Botswana Export Development and Investment Authority (BEDIA) is an autonomous private sector led organisation mandated by an act of parliament (1997) to encourage, promote and facilitate the establishment of export-oriented enterprises and selected services which will result in economic diversification, rapid economic growth and creation of sustained employment opportunities.
The Authority is also entrusted with the task of identifying market outlets for locally manufactured products and construct factory building for setting up of manufacturing enterprises.
BEDIA also works closely with the Government of Botswana to ensure that the country has a conducive investment climate
To promote investment in export-oriented activities which will result in rapid economic growth and sustained employment opportunities in accordance with Botswana’s social and economic policies and objectives.
BEDIA is dedicated to providing support and services to both potential investors and existing industrialists by:
- Identifying investment opportunities in the country
- Providing investment advice
- Identifying joint venture partners
- Organizing visits and meetings between economic operators in the country and potential investors
- Assisting in obtaining factory shells
- Assisting in obtaining pre-investment clearances (work and residence permits, licences etc)
- Providing both economic and trade statistics
- Organizing both inward and outward investment missions to familiarize potential investors with the investment climate in the country
- Organizing fairs, exhibitions and contact missions to market Botswana products.