- Economic diversification potential i.e. Economic efficiency and international competitiveness
- Special Economic Zones
- Production of goods and Services for export
- Raw materials in abundance
- Beneficiation (beef, leather, minerals, glass manufacturing
Investment opportunities in tourism
- Joint Venture Partnerships
- New sites in Chobe Forest reserve
- New sites in National Parks
- New sites in Concession Areas
- Future sites to be identified
Mining investment opportunities
- Minerals Exploration and Prospecting e.g. Uranium and Silver
- The recent lifting of the moratorium on coal
- Mineral Beneficiation
- Diamond, copper, nickel, coal
- Transport and logistics in mining
Energy investment opportunities
- Electricity as about 80% is imported
- Coal Reserves are estimated at about 200 billion tonnes.
- Solar, Botswana has high levels of irradiation (Sunshine) (2300kWh/m2)potential for solar projects.
- Transmission infrastructure
- Renewable energy technologies
Textiles, garments and accessories
Manufacture of various textile and garments to take advantage of the Contonou Agreement and Africa Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), which allow entry into the EU and USA market free of duty and quota.
Setting up of a modern tannery to process raw hides to finished leather; this would lead to the creation of downstream leather industries such as the manufacture of leather shoes, bags, belts, etc. Raw hides are available in Botswana.
Raw materials for glass manufacture are available in abundance; silica sand, quartz, quartzite, limestone and soda ash.
Opportunities are available in call centres, software development, data capture and processing systems.
Cutting, polishing and setting of diamonds and semi-precious stones.
Working jointly with the Botswana Tourism Board (BTB) in promoting investment in tourism infrastructure especially in the hotel sector, as well as marketing the Botswana Tourist Product.