The Cathedral of Luanda
This is a Roman Catholic cathedral located in Ingombota Luanda, Angola built in 1628 and is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Luanda.
They are one of the second largest waterfalls by volume in Africa after Victoria Falls located in the municipality of Kalandula, Malanje Province, Angola about 420 kilometers from Luanda, the capital.
The waterfall lies on the Lucala River in a semi arid region where the vegetation is diverse with gallery forests along the river, tropical and subtropical grasslands and savannas in the surrounding area.
The Cunene River or Kunene River
Kunene River is a river that flows from the Angola highlands south to the border with Namibia. It then flows west along the border until it reaches the Atlantic Ocean. The river is a lifeline for animals and plants. Reptiles include Nile Crocodile (Crocodylus Niloticus), Nile Monitor (Varanus Niloticus), Nile Soft-shelled Terrapin (Trionyx Triunguis), African Rock Python (Python Sebae) and the Green Turtle (Chelonia Midas).
Fortaleza de São Miguel (Saint Michael Fortress)
This was a Portuguese fortress located in Calçada de S. Miguel, Luanda, Angola built in 1576 by Paulo Dias de Novais.
The Museum of the Armed Forces
This museum is located in Fortaleza de São Miguel de Luanda, in Luanda, Angola that was founded in 1975, following the independence of Angola, the museum includes bi-motor airplanes, combat vehicles, and diverse arms and artifacts used during the Angolan War of Independence (1961–1974), the South African Border War (1966-1991), and the Angolan Civil War (1975–2002).
The church of “Nossa Senhora da Victoria (Nossa Senhora da Victoria church)
This is the oldest present church in Massanganu, Province of Kwanza-Norte Angola outside Luanda.
It was built in 1583 – 1590 and was classified as National Monument by Provincial Decret n. 81, 28 of April of 1928.
The National Museum of Slavery (Museu Nacional da Escravatura)
The National Museum of Slavery is located in Morro da Cruz, Luanda, Angola.
The museum was founded in 1997 by the National Institute of Cultural Patrimony, with the objective of depicting the history of slavery in Angola, keeping memories of torture endured by thousands of slaves before they were shipped to North and South American countries by European slave traders to work in coffee, sugarcane, cotton and indigo plantations without remuneration.
Lona National Park
Lona National Park lies in the Namibe province and was proclaimed a national park on 2 October 1937 comprising of 1.6 million hectares. Its natural borders include the Atlantic Ocean in the west and the perennial Cunene in the south with the Curoca River forming both the northern and eastern borders. The topography ranges from sand dunes at sea level to the Tchamalinde mountains in the east. Large plains occur in the central area. Thirty-one natural fountains exist within the boundaries of the park, with eight of them providing fresh water.
The Park contains three types of plant growth including annual grass plains, active dunes as well as a combined mosaic of xerofitic shrubland, annual grass plains and dwarf shrub plains. An impressive variety of game, including elephant, oryx, kudu, black rhino, cheetah, spotted hyena, several species of jackal and Damara Dik-Dik, formerly occurred in the park.